Is “Getting Organized” one of your 2015 resolutions?
Happy New Year and Hello 2015!
Did you make a New Year’s resolution for 2015? Did your resolution have anything to do with “getting more organized”? You aren’t alone. “Getting Organized” is one of the top resolutions many people choose right behind losing weight or getting healthy.
If “Getting Organized” is your resolution, here are my Top 10 Organizing Tips to help you in the coming year:
- Start small. Pick one area of your home and work on decluttering this one area only. Move on to the next area when you have the first area done. Small changes = Big Rewards!
- Set up a Command Center. Here you will track your families activities, pay your bills, track chore/responsibility lists, keep track of paperwork coming in and going out of your home.
- Use technology to your advantage. Find Apps and other helpful sites online that can make your life easier. (Apps, websites, etc.) Reminders, To-Do lists and more……
- Get off the junk mail lists. dmachoice.org and www.paperkarma.com are great options to get this done.
- Have a schedule for doing routine tasks including cleaning, bill paying, paperwork/mail check, etc. and stick with it. Having a regular schedule gives you reassurance that things will get done and you can feel more relaxed.
- Remember your passwords by using a password book (address book A-Z works well) and record each password under the correct letter. Write in pencil so you can update easily. Lock the book in a drawer or cabinet for safe keeping. For tech options, there are apps that will keep passwords for you as well.
- For collectables or kids toys, rotate what items are out for display or play. Donate or sell all items that aren’t needed anymore. Why not make some extra money off items taking up space?
- Make some meal plans. Start with just a few recipes and build on those. Keep them simple and ones you will be likely to make regularly. Set up your pantry with those favorite items so meal prep is easier and quicker.
- Use a bill pay master list to keep track of all payments and auto withdrawals. Paperless billing will eliminate paper coming in your home but you need a way to remember when bills are due and not incur late fees.
- Daily “15 minute Dash” . Use the last 15 minutes of your day to walk around your house and put items back in their place. Enlist your family members to take part and reward them for a job well done! It’s much nicer to wake up the next morning to a home that is clutter free and items are easily found. (Keys, wallets, eyeglasses, homework, phones, etc.)
Contact SOS if you need assistance with your organizing project! www.SusiesOrganizationSolutions.com 616-554-3175
“Family Caregiver University” sponsored by The Caregiver Resource Network (West MI)
This is a series of classes begin the month of January 2015 and continue each month until December 2015. Please visit the CRN website for more information on these classes. www.caregiverresource.net
“What Every Caregiver Should Know about Downsizing, Decluttering and Getting Organized!” is a webinar that I will be presenting to the caregivers of the Family Caregiver Alliance in July 2015! To register, visit their website at: www.caregiver.org/caregiving-webinars
Team SOS is active in the fight against cancer for 2015! I am a team captain again for the 2015 Relay for Life Byron Center event. Everyone knows someone who has been affected by cancer. Join me and my team in the fight by joining the team, donating, purchasing a luminaria, becoming a sponsor and/or showing up to the event June 5-6, 2015 at the Byron Center Sportsplex to walk the track! Find out more details at: www.relayforlife.org/byroncentermi
Click on “Teams” and “Susie’s Organization Solutions LLC” to find out how you can help! Thank you for your support!
Hoarding Resource List:
I assisted in developing the hoarding resources list for the Napo Michigan Chapter. Visit the website to see area resources and find out more about the talented and hardworking professional organizers who are members of Napo Michigan.
I want to thank you all for helping me to have a successful and busy year of providing professional organizing services to the community! I appreciate all of my colleagues who have given my name to potential clients as well as my past and present clients who have referred me to their family and friends. I will continue to do my best to provide quality and compassionate services to my clients. Here is to a happy and healthy 2015!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.